måndag 27 april 2009

Entry level NPC's

Yesterday I was reworking the NPC's database, along with working on the initial attributes of the NPC's (lvl1 stats), but had to call it a night since it was such a mammoth-sized job. Today I'm continuing the effort to have a balanced entry-level for the 4 starting classes (out of the 15), which serves as the yellow bricks on my road to class-balance. I'll also have to generate the gear for the newly created NPC's, but since I've already got the automatic item-generator working, I'll just need to tweak the entry level for stat-, armor- and damageallocation on the items. I'm estimating it to take roughly ten, or so, hours of wonderful numbercrunching, formula-editing, and the oh-so-lovely satisfying realization when I notice I spent an hour on something that can be done with three or four lines of code.

And after that it's time to move over to the combat simulation, which luckily already is tested and works, at least for the initial version of the game.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar